Following the success of our last conference in 2015, we shall once again be returning to the St Johns Hotel in Solihull.
The format will remain the same, with the main conference days as Saturday and Sunday. There will be entertainment on both Saturday and Sunday nights and a daytime creche will also be available.
For families arriving on the Friday evening we will be providing a meeting space so that newcomer families have an opportunity to meet some of the more experienced families, as well as the trustees. Buffet and drinks are included and there is the possibility of a creche if needed for first time attendees.
On Monday morning we will once again be organising an informal gathering session for families staying over on the Sunday night, this will provide a time to relax and connect with other families after the hectic weekend. There will be full access to the hotel facilities and a late morning buffet will be provided free of charge (please note there will be no creche facility on Monday).
We are pleased to introduce our outline programme for the 2017 conference.
Informal get together for those staying over prior to the conference
- The History and Development of Smith-Magenis Syndrome;
- Genetics for beginners;
- Understanding and managing behaviours;
- Benefits – what they are and how to access;
- Mental Capacity Act overview;
- Special Educational Needs legal aspects and planning
Dinner, magician, live band, disco
- The Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS) Foundation UK Annual General Meeting;
- Research Update;
- Medical Management;
- Diet and Weight Management;
- Sleep – hygiene, medications, security;
- Education – One school, five pupils, 3 – 18 learning;
- Moving on from school
Also to be fitted into the programme:
- Living away from home;
- Daytime options for adults;
- Open Delegate Sessions – you decide;
- Focus groups on various topics including what you what from the SMS Foundation
Family chill-out with light lunch
Click Here to go to our conference Web Site